Saturday, April 3, 2010

time to start listening.


I'm feeling bombarded with sounds lately... my senses feeling overwhelmed.  I'm sensitive to unnatural bright LED and florescent lights, the annoyance of my phones ringing and pinging, my computer, the tv, music being played too loudly, ...  It's too much.

We're bombarded all day long, all night long these days - how does anyone find the down-time (and I mean TRUE down-time where one can be at peace with oneself, with nature, with God)?  It takes way too much effort - more effort than it should to find silence (silence from all of the unnatural man made sounds of machinery and technology).  This is taking way too much effort.

"The resting place of the mind is the heart... and the only place the mind will ever find peace is inside the silence of the heart".  Silence.  Meditation.  Prayer.  Time for a timeout.  Time to start really listening.

~Arry

No comments:

Post a Comment