Wednesday, April 7, 2010

[1]... we all want to love, to be loved, right?


I had two conversations on the topic of love today (what a surprise) that left some marks on my heart.  My day is over and I'm feeling a little somber, tired...  ... just tired.  Why are we so cynical when it comes to love?  Why do we make it so hard for each other?

Couple snapshots from the conversations:
  1. Man has to be honorable, respectable, respectful (on the inside!) for a woman to respectfully follow him.  It's not about the money, the car... work on your "insides" too.  My friend and I talked about how as a society, we've hit "gender neutrality" = wimpy men, alpha women.  I swear by this, and I'll repeat it over and over again - Man must treasure his woman, woman must respect her man.  We've lost that precious balance between man and woman.  Step it up and own it (men).  Relax, let go, it's ok to be feminine (women).
  2. Come on girls... if you're living with him, over the age of 25, and it's been years... walk away.  He doesn't know or is too damn wimpy to end it himself.  When you talk to a guy and he's contemplating proposing to his girlfriend - and he's not-so-excited, thinking about waiting it out a little longer to see if there's something wrong with her, ...  I just don't know.  The romantic in me is crying, screaming for mercy.  I'm sad...  I hope he lets go of his fear and takes a leap.  Love has to be fearless sometimes.
  3. There's hope in this world when our family friend who is the most determined to never get married finally says something like, "I think I've found a girl I want to be with - and no one else".  Who hooo!!!  Love is so much better that way - meaningful, committed, ... intentional love. 
Good night,
Arry

No comments:

Post a Comment